Where Can I Learn to Dive in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania
Currently we offer the PADI Open Water course at the Lock Haven YMCA. To meet your busy schedule we also offer Private Courses. To find out when the next scheduled course begins in this area - Click Here.
Who should take this course?
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development ( online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
You may be able to get college credit for the Open Water Diver course.
How can you start learning now?
You can start today by stopping at Sunken Treasure Scuba Center and enrolling in the PADI Open Water Diver course.
With PADI’s eLearning option – you can start learning right away. The PADI Open Water Diver Online gives you the background information you need to dive safely and allows you to study at your own pace through an interactive computer-based program. So you can get started now!
You could start learning with PADI’s home-study materials – the Open Water Diver TouchTM app or the Open Water Diver Manual and Open Water Diver Video. Call Sunken Treasure Scuba Center to enroll in the course, get your materials and start your program today. Your PADI Instructor will schedule time with you to check your progress and make sure you understand important scuba diving information.
What scuba gear will you use?
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear, including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device and a tank. The equipment you wear varies, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
Check with Sunken Treasure Scuba Center about the gear you’ll use during this course and get advice about everything you need from your PADI Instructor.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course with Sunken Treasure Scuba Center.
- Sign up for Open Water Diver Online and start learning right away.
- Short on time? Sunken Treasure's Private course might be right for you.
- Try scuba diving with the Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Browse the scuba certification FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).